Monday, December 19, 2011

Crappy Camera - Box on Blue

Sorry for the absence.  I've been painting but not posting because I have a really crappy camera which I intend to eventually replace.   My friend Sheila took this picture back in 2004 in the French village Eze. 


I think it's a pretty cool picture.  When I showed her one of Raimonds Staprans' paintings, she said his painting reminded her of the photo she took in Eze.  So I took a stab at painting Box on Blue. The painting isn't finished, and, of course, there is the crappy camera issue.  I think compositionally, I followed the photo too literally which does not work for the painting as it puts everything dead in the center.  I may shift everything to the right (except the window of course). See how Raimonds' table is set off to the right?

Here is the beginning of Box on Blue taken with my crappy camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment