Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Second Day at Carol Marine's Workshop

Yesterday was my  second day at Carol's workshop. She started off with another fabulous demo.  She makes it look so easy!!!  I'm new at the blogging stuff, so I haven't quite figured out how to properly format the posts as I would in Microsoft Word!  So, please forgive the wonky formatting.

The progression of Carol's demo is below:















Next up were value studies using only burnt umber.  We were given a very short period of time in which to do them.  Time really FLIES!!  It is an EXCELLENT exercise as it teaches you to see the values better.
Here are my value studies of an apple and a lime (in case you can't figure out what those blobs of paint really are.















After lunch, we returned to do 10 minute exercises.  There is no lollygagging in Carol's workshop!  We did six 10 minute exercises.  We divided our 6x6 canvases into quarters and had 10 minutes to paint one object.   She said she sees more people progress during this exercise than in any other.  After doing them, I get it.  I definitely felt the progress.  She also makes you clean off your palette after every exercise so that you don't make the same mistakes that you made in the first exercise.

Don't laugh at my paintings.  We only had 10 minutes!
I became really tired of the lime, so I switched to the orange slice and enjoyed it immensely!
I seem to be missing the final photo of my first attempt.  I will take the picture tonight and repost.
FIRST TWO:

LAST FOUR:
Time to shower and had to the 3rd day of her workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment