Monday, January 7, 2013

ACEOs


I've been doing something a lot different lately to change things up, and to basically keep painting.  I've discovered the world of ACEOs or Artist Trading Cards.  These are miniature works of art that are about the same size as baseball cards or the like.  They fit into plastic sleeves, and even have little frames that you can buy for them. 

From Wikipedia, "the ATC movement … has its origins in Switzerland. Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. The cards are usually traded or exchanged. When sold, they are usually referred to as art card editions and originals (ACEOs)."

I have been having a lot of fun with these as I can whip out little paintings in absolutely no time.
I even broke out the old dusty acrylic paints and have been having a lot of fun with them.  Following this post will be a few examples.  I've already sold quite a few of them on eBay!

Unfortunately, the scanner tends to pick up the texture of the support on anything except hot-pressed watercolor paper, so I believe I will stick to that from now on.

SOLD - TEMESCAL CANYON SLOPE - Acrylic


















No comments:

Post a Comment