Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blue Caves - SOLD

For the month of February, I am participating in an online mentoring program by Karen Margulis.  We have weekly assignments, but during the week, she suggests we do two things on a regular basis:  (1) small 5x7 studies in a limited time (30-45 min.), and (2) value studies.  These assignments are great as they will help me learn and get more and more comfortable with the pastels.

You get a lot for your money with the online mentoring with Karen.  I have only submitted one weekly assignment and her feedback is extremely thorough and helpful!  She does not skimp on advice.  I will post that painting later.  For now, here is one of my studies.

One of the first 5x7 studies:
Blue Caves
This reference photo came from wetcanvas.com and is in Greece.
I've never been, but would love to go one day.  The  reminded me of my Capri photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment