Friday, December 27, 2013

A Pastel Adventure

I recently bought a set of Terry Ludwig pastels. It is quite different than oils so it takes some getting used to. That being said, I'm really enjoying the medium!  I have discovered some amazing pastelists: Karen MargulisMarla Baggetta and Casey Klahn to just name a few.  I hope to study with each and everyone of them soon!

My first painting that I was satisfied with enough to post is "Capri Cove", a scene I have painted before in ACEOs.  "Ojai Path in Blue" is from a reference photo I took in Meditation Mount in Ojai, California from my first painting workshop with Elio Camacho.  "Variation" is an exercise (idea originating from Marla Baggetta's "100 Variations" using the contrasting colors of the red trees with the cool green in the foreground only allowing myself 30 minutes to paint.  It's a very good exercise, one which I intend to continue doing.

CAPRI COVE

OJAI PATH IN BLUE


VARIATION






No comments:

Post a Comment